Inhalt des Dokuments
Latin America, first region to acheive universal energy access?
Decentralized energy solutions (DES), the decisive factor
Workshop MicroEnergy Systems (MES)
November 23-25, 2016
Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana,
Agenda, registration forms and additional information can be found on the MES website .
To provide participants with a platform where academics, private and public stakeholders, local entrepreneurs and international players can exchange lessons learned and successful experiences, as well as streamlining efforts towards a sustainable and scalable dissemination of decentralized energy supply in Colombia and Latin America.
Access to reliable, affordable and clean energy sources is the main prerequisite for economic growth and climate protection. In Colombia, academic institutions have started to partner with private companies to pilot and foster innovative projects adapted to the local context, which prove economic, social and ecological sustainability. However, targeted and commercially scalable clean energy projects need to be further developed in order to meet households’ and enterprises’ energy needs, as well as national energy policy objectives.
The experience that the academic institutions and practitioners have gained through the implementation of RE/EE based projects in Colombia can provide the private and public sector with significant learning cases and innovative models to be replicated and scaled-up in Latin America.
- Important lessons learned and know-how sharing
- Findings from in-depth interdisciplinary scientific research
- Group and personalized consulting advice from experts
- Visibility to local initiatives and institutions
- Connection among practitioners in the field of energy access and access to finance
- Collaboration across different actors to develop result-oriented strategies and projects
- Personalized and interactive session, adjusted to participants' needs and expectations
- Field exposure.